January 18, 2010

Felix Update

Since I'm sure you've all been waiting impatiently to know how Felix is doing, here's what's going on.

We went to the vet today and found out that he has a pretty bad upper respiratory infection. Not to fear, though. Doctor Dave gave him a shot and gave me a vial of antibiotics to administer twice a day for the next eight days, not unlike what one would do for a human child. He also gave me a bill.

Yet more exceptions were made. Felix now has a chart at the vet. We are paying to get him better. He even slept on our bed last night.

But it's all worth it...he's perking up already, starting to eat again, hanging out with people again.

I think my Mom was right. Felix probably won't be going back to the harsh life of the farm. It's a good thing he gets along with our other house cat, Angel. Let's just hope Dad doesn't get attached to too many farm cats in the future.

1 comment: