November 10, 2009

Falling for Fall

Some time back, enebriated by the promise of spring, I dissed the other seasons. Well, I'm here to tell you that I'm not too proud to admit that I might have been wrong. (I did make a good case for spring being the best of the four children of Mother Nature.)

Then I went out and snapped this shot on a lovely, unusually warm, fall evening. The pond is clear, the air is clean and calm, the land is beginning its autumnal nap, getting ready for its hibernal slumber. Life on the farm is slowing down. Our cats are scoping out their favorite barn beds. The deer, in search of food, are nosing ever closer to the trees near the house. (Watch out, hunting season is just around the corner!)


So, I take back what I said about the non-spring seasons. Fall does have its charms.

Winter in this part of the world, on the other hand, is another matter.

2 comments:

  1. Watch out for those semi-naked hunters ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. heather11/13/2009

    Fall is my absolute favorite. I love the cooler temps after a (usually) long hot summer. I love the crunchy leaves falling. I love the colors. I love that Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming. I love the fuzziness my horses get.

    I don't look forward to winter so much, but I could do fall all year long!

    ReplyDelete